Thursday, December 20, 2007

Back in one piece

Okay, so they do have the internet in Italy, but it was pretty scarce in the small village of Sauze di Cesana where I was stayed at the Hotel Sauze di Cesana. The hotel computer is on the net, but the service is not really conveyed to the patrons. The best solution I found was a few towns away in Cesana Torinese where they have a library and a tourist info station. Both offer inexpensive net access. The day before I left I found a cafe with slow free wifi. Ultimately, I didn't get on the net to do much aside from filing my USADA forms for Q1 2008. Since I didn't do any updates from the field, I will post entries that will show up with earlier post dates to fill in the blanks.

Last night I made my first runs down the Park City track since getting home. The cold I picked up in Italy is lingering, and I probably should have just gone home and rested. The desire to get back on ice was too great, and I had a couple of nice runs. It was good to see everybody up at the track, and I also got to try out a new piece of gear. I will elaborate on that later.

No comments: