Thursday, March 20, 2008

Corporate marketing...


I received this envelope from Accenture a couple days ago. Just before I left for Italy, someone in the corporate marketing department inquired with me about using my image on the mailing label for a package to several thousand c level execs. It finally shipped, and so they sent a copy my way. Look carefully and you can maybe tell that it's a picture of me going through curve 6 in Park City. I guess curve six doesn't go the right direction for their purposes, so they flipped the image. The photo was taken by my friend Bruce Boyes.

Ending up on a mailing label was precipitated by my former manager, Sebastien, submitting me as the subject of an interview about my sliding. I provided the image for use with the interview and it ended up on the front page of the corporate intranet. This same article was then repurposed for a recruitment site. Meanwhile, another photo from that article is now in an Accenture image gallery online. I just sent a revised draft from yet another article based on a different interview for an outsourcing site. Pretty crazy how all of these marketing departments cross pollinate stories and images.

No comments: