Saturday, November 24, 2007

International training


Over the past week or so, I have had the opportunity to train with world-class athletes from other nations including places that defy geographic limitations with respect to winter sports such as New Zealand, Australia, and Jamaica. These latest recruits to the Jamaican bob team were brand new to the ice this week - it will be interesting to see their progress. Japan, the Netherlands and Great Britain were also represented. Most of them have now made their way up to Calgary for the World Cup race taking place over the coming week, but the Japanese team stayed for one last day of training before leaving this evening. The picture is of team veteran Kazuhiro Koshi giving the trademark point which he does before every run. In addition to sliding with some great people, I finally admitted that my equipment was giving me problems. I usually wait too long in arriving at this place, and I held true to form this time around. After almost two weeks of progressively worse sliding, I realized that I had a bent runner. I borrowed a different set and things were great.

No comments: