Saturday, November 17, 2007

Think fast

On the way up to the track tonight, I was on the phone with another skeleton athlete and we got talking about how team trials went. Then we went down a somewhat abstract path. Surprised at how far we have come, but then wondering how we will get faster. Fast enough to compete at the highest levels of competition. I am still using the same gear that I used last season, but I am somehow going faster. I know that I am driving a little better, but does that explain it all? What is it that makes the best sliders consistently so much faster? Is it all in their head? Is it the shoes? I have a hard time quantifying my own marginal improvements.

2 comments:

Sebastien said...

What makes you faster is the great support you get from all the people around you... including your team at work.

Nick Vienneau said...

This is very true. Cheesy, but true ;-) It is also an opportunity to shamelessly plug the professional services team at Navitaire - NPS rocks!